While looking at photos from last year's two-week vacation to Latvia and Lithuania, I remembered the trip had been so full of adventures that it took me a couple of months to write about it all. Due to the popularity of a year-old post that I recently tweeted, I decided to list all the posts about the trip in one spot, and even share some new photos.
- First post about the trip
- Day 1: Arrive in Riga, rent car, wait for delayed baggage, head to Kandava
- Day 2: Chocolate, art, mini-waterfall, and also the Gulf of Riga, salmon & hockey, all in Kurzeme
- Day 3: Cape of Kolka and a hike in Slitere National Park, plus also stops in Ventspils & Uzavas brewery & the Baltic Sea shore, plus dinner and sunset in Liepaja.
- Day 4: Visiting Karaosta in Liepaja, plus Grobina, and the Cold War Museum at the Plokstine Missile Base in Lithuania (Note: This is one of my most popular posts ever, as the museum had come across it and posted it on their Facebook page, thus my blog has received many visitors from Lithuania.)
- Day 5: Exploring Lithuania - a visit to the Curonian Spit
- Day 6: A summery day in Palanga, Lithuania with visits to the Amber Museum and beach
- Day 7: Last day in Lithuania, with some somber stops, and arriving back in Riga
- Life in the big city: A very busy week in Riga
- One particular event in Riga: Visiting the former KGB house
|First coffee in Latvia - Double Coffee|