Life has been busy, but in a work/errands/chores type of way, not particularly in a trips and entertaining activities way. Fortunately, I do have a couple of excursions coming up in the next several weeks, thus I hope to have more interesting topics to cover soon!
In the meantime, below are a few links to posts and articles I have enjoyed, and thought you might, too.
- Do you know what a mud kitchen is? Check out Liene's post on the one created for her sons.
- Heather shares lovely photos from her first autumn in Rīga.
- Julija, a young Latvian-Canadian woman who has lived in Latvia for several years, writes about Latvian citizenship and voting in her first Latvian elections.
- Heartwarming article in the Washington Post about a website which sells high quality art created by individuals who happen to be homeless or disabled.
- Over at TheRealRiga, you will find some interesting statistics about Latvians who voted outside of Latvia in the recent parliamentary election.
- I loved the colorful photos from Amanda's fall trip to Michigan. The areas she visited include some of my favorites: Sleeping Bear National Seashore, Traverse City, and Old Mission Peninsula in the northern part of the state, and Meijer Garden in Grand Rapids.
- On Sunday I was in DC, meeting a friend for a movie ("Pride" - highly recommended!) just a few blocks from the White House and the Mall. After the movie, heading back to the Metro, I noticed the sky was quite pretty. Later I saw this photo posted online of that evening's sunset.