Friday, August 29, 2014

Best Laid Plans Often Go Awry (or: How I Ended up in Hershey)

I had planned a wonderful long weekend getaway to Cape Cod for the end of August, but several things led me to cancel that trip at the last minute - something I don't remember ever having done before. However, looking on the bright side, it meant that I suddenly had time for a Saturday outing with friends to HersheyPark, an amusement park in Hershey, Pennsylvania! I had not been to an amusement park in many years, and I'd heard good things about this one. It definitely has more charm and character than another park I visited a few times as a kid. I did not have my camera along for this fun outing - so all I have are a couple of poor quality pics from my incredibly old cell phone. :)

King sized candy bars at $1.50 a piece were best food value in the park!
Milton Hershey - founder of The Hershey Chocolate Company
In addition to the park, another attraction we visited was Hershey's Chocolate World, which includes an entertaining ride that shows how Hershey's products are made, and an enormous store which sells every imaginable Hershey product - everything from the chocolates themselves to t-shirts, stuffed animals, Christmas ornaments, etc. festooned with various Hershey product logos. Other activities in Chocolate World require a fee, although if I do visit again, then I will be happy to pay $15 to make my own candy bar - complete with personalized wrapper.
Cows extolling virtues of fresh milk used in Hershey's products (Source: Chocolate World)
 

2 comments:

  1. I tried Hersheys chocolate once, but it tasted stale to me. I'll stick with Milka ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take most European chocolate over Hershey's any day! :)

      Delete

I love having visitors, so let me know you stopped by!