Friday, August 8, 2014

Finally Friday: A Few Links & a Couple of Photos for You!

It's been a trying week, and I didn't accomplish many of the things I had hoped to - including a post for the blog.

As always, there are exciting things going in Washington, D.C. Recently a toddler managed to squeeze through the fence in front of the White House. As the Washington Post writes, "The brief kerfuffle as agents scrambled to intercept the pint-sized intruder confirms what most people know: toddlers are sneaky, and fast. This one was promptly returned to his parents." Furthermore, the child was unavailable for questioning to find out what his motives were! (Scandalous!!!) The article explains:
 "The little guy didn't get in any trouble -- at least, not with the feds. And he was unavailable for comment -- to anyone -- for at least a few more months."We were going to wait until he learned to talk to question him," Secret Service Agent Edwin Donovan said in a statement, "but in lieu of that he got a timeout and was sent on way with parents."

In lieu of any of my own recent photographs or wise words, I leave you with links to blogs whose owners have posted some lovely pictures or interesting thoughts.
Finally, harking back to last summer, when I visited the amazing Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania, I leave you with a couple of refreshing waterfall photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love having visitors, so let me know you stopped by!