Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snowed In

With the Washington region expecting a blizzard of historic proportions, preparations are well underway as the area and its inhabitants prepare to hunker down and then eventually dig out. By the time you read this post, I -- and the rest of the DMV -- will be snowed in. If you know me or have been reading the blog for a while, you are aware that winter is not my favorite season. I don't mind a few inches of pretty snow, but the two to possibly three feet that may fall is far more than anyone needs. Now that I've finished all of my grocery store runs (buying all of life's necessities -- fruits, vegetables, yogurt, almond milk, bread, hemp seeds, eggs, walnuts, dark chocolate, purple hyacinths, and yellow daffodils), there's plenty of time to consider what I'll do to fill the time while it is too dangerous to go outside. It may be about 2 1/2 days before it's safe to leave the house, thus loads of free time for all sorts of activities. 

Things I Could/Should/Might Do During the Blizzard of 2016
1. Read
2. Work on the blog
3. Organize my digital photos
4. Organize old print photos
5. Do lots of yoga
6. Bake
7. Write a letter
8. Call several friends I've not talked to in a while
9. Organize my closet
10. Clean off my desk
11. Figure out what to do with all those CDs I never listen to anymore
12. Work on Latvian school report cards
13. Prepare Latvian school lesson plans
14. Shred old unnecessary documents
15. Start writing a book

Things I Most Likely Will Do During the Blizzard of 2016
1. Binge-watch any remaining episodes of "Transparent" and "Mozart in the Jungle" I've not yet seen
2. Sleep too much
3. Eat too much
4. Drink copious amounts of hot tea (selection has been almost fully restocked -- I could not find linden flower tea, but have plenty of jasmine green, decaf green, Earl Gray, chamomile, and more)
5. Complain about having to dig out my car
6. Dig out my car
7. Complain about how difficult digging out my car was

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love having visitors, so let me know you stopped by!